Sunday, September 7, 2014

Moving into college

My name is Katelyn Oliver and I am a transfer student from North Shore Community College, which I recently just got my associates degree from. I am 23 years old, and thought it would be so weird to come to college and live here at an older age than a lot of people. It was also my first time ever leaving home and my comfort zone of family and friends, and I thought I would never be able to handle it. In my first week at school I have already learned a lot about myself, surprisingly. It has been extremely tough for me to make friends and cope with the fact that I don't have all my comfort stuff that I did at home, like being able to walk downstairs and have my whole family right there, or my friends not even 10 minutes away ever. Already I have learned that I can live on my own, and that moving on to bigger things in life just means for amazing things to start happening all together for me. I would love to open up my own preschool and I have been trying everything in my power to keep up with my goals and keep on track of what I have to do to do to keep on track of getting exactly what I want for myself. SNHU 235 is one class that is on my list of things that I needed for myself. I have tried to force myself to understand technology better, for future references and the job I want. I feel as though things for me will be extremely easier if I have more of a technology background added to what I already know! I have come extremely far from where I was freshman year of college at North Shore Community College, I have grown a lot not only about myself, but also about what I really want to do in my life!

http://www.tagxedo.com/artful/cdea93f35268456c

2 comments:

  1. That is great how much you are learning about yourself now that you live at school on your own. I am also a transfer but I live at home now. I am happy for you that you can feel confident in your decision about transferring to SNHU and I wish you the best of luck here!

    ReplyDelete