Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Wanting to become a teacher, and why?

I have always wanted to become a teacher ever since i was a young child. Although i feel as though many little girls want to become teachers when playing with friends. I did because i wanted to be in charge, i was the smallest one throughout all of school even now usually, and i liked to make myself known so i always had to be the teacher of the group while playing pretend. I never thought that my childhood dream would ever become true one day, until my Aunt Mary passed away from breast cancer. She was my role model when it came to me wanting to be a teacher as i got older, and actually going for my goals. She was a teacher herself, a special needs teacher actually. She was the most amazing women, she treated each and every child as if they were her own. They loved everything about her, and her smile could make a lot of their days. She showed them consistency as well as love and care. She went above and beyond call outside the classroom she rode the bus with them to school and home from school, to make sure she was with them to help at all times. When she passed away, you could tell the impact she had on all the children she has ever taught, special needs and not. At her funeral there were many children there, some older some younger and some with their own children. Outside was the school bus she drove on everyday, the children and other teachers got together and put her name on a bus to always remember the impact she had on them, and always be with them at all times, even though she was gone. Her charm and personality was an added bonus to making me realize that having such a positive attitude can get you far in life. I wish she was still here and able to teach me more, and calm me down on certain days to make me remember why i do what i do, but what i can always do is think about her. Keeping with this career is allowing me to really be myself, I don't think the children learn from me half as much as i learn from them. I love what i do, and i will continue to love it. It doesn't even feel like a job, it feels like a hobby. One day i will open my own preschool, and i will do things all the time that will remind me of my aunt and i hope every time i do that i am making her proud and that i can be half the teacher she was, and still is since her love of teaching lives on in so many people! I can't wait to see where life takes me from here, and so glad that i made such an incredible decision on what i wanted to do! <3

6 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that you had an inspiring role model in your life! She seemed like she was an amazing woman. I wish that I could make such an impact as she did on my future students. That is the main reason I want to become a teacher, so I can make a difference. I want to be able to help students, not only in learning, but in life as well. Especially the little ones.
    I feel the same way that teaching little kids is not like a job, its a hobby. It is so much fun to, and I can't wait to be able to do it everyday! One day, I hope to open my own preschool as well. That has always been my dream. It seems like we have the same goals for our future careers.
    Do you want to be special ed teacher as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone can make an amazing influence on children, you just have to want it! I have faith that you will be able to help your students, and make an incredible different in their lives. I wish you the best of luck with opening your own preschool as well, it seems like a tough experience, but i think we can both pull it off! We can even meet up and talk about it sometime maybe. I have though about special education but i am not persuing it at the moment. how about you?

      Delete
  2. im so sorry to hear that your aunt Mary passed away, but she sounded like such a great role model in your life! I can also relate to having family members being a role model as well. All my cousins and aunts are teachers as we'll, so it inspired me to become a teacher! When I was younger I never thought I would ever want become a teacher, but when i first went into the classroom I fell in love with it. I can tell when you become a teacher your gonna be great because you have a passion for helping students. I also think its great that you want to open your own preschool, I wish you the best! How many classrooms do you plan on having in your preschool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, having so many people in your family be teachers, must be such a good impact for you as a future teacher. I can tell you that ive always wanted to become a teacher, but i have met people who have experienced a classroom and that has been what changed their minds completly on their futures. I want a lot of different rooms in my preschool but im not sure how many.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but it's really wonderful that you had such an amazing role model to inspire you to be a teacher. I'm the first person to become a teacher in my family, so it would great if I could inspire my niece (and future nieces/nephews) to possibly follow in my footsteps. I also think it's amazing that you want to have your own preschool center one day. I've always considered eventually going to grad school to get a Master's degree that would allow me to be a director at a Children's center but I haven't completely decided that yet. Once you graduate from SNHU do you plan on working as a preschool teacher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully being the first person in your family to be a teacher can help you influence so many people, and show them how amazing being a teacher really is. There needs to be more men in the education field! Children need male role models in their lives! Yes, once i graduate i want to go right into teaching! Before your masters would you already want to begin teaching?

      Delete